Sergio Martinez, DO, AOA, AOAO Joint Replacement Surgeon and Orthopaedic Surgeon
Sergio Martinez, D.O. is a board certified orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Martinez earned his bachelor’s degree in Psychology with a minor in Chemistry from the University of Miami, Coral Gables. He received a certificate in Biomedical Sciences from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and then received his Doctorate of Osteopathy from the same.
He performed his internship and orthopedic surgery residency at Broward Health Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. While there he received extensive experience in orthopedic trauma surgery, as it was a level-one trauma center.
While in residency Dr. Martinez also had extensive training in the Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement Surgery as well as Joint Replacement Revision Surgery.
Following residency Dr. Martinez went on to work as a general orthopedic surgeon at Orthopedic Surgery of Polk County in Lake Wales, Florida.
In 2016 Dr. Martinez joined Florida Sports Injury and Orthopedic Institute as a general orthopedic surgeon. He practiced in the Clermont, Florida area for four years.
In August 2020 Dr. Martinez joined Optimotion Orthopaedics. He specializes in trauma, and joint replacement surgery, including total joint knee replacement via the lateral approach, and anterior approach total hip replacement.
Dr. Martinez has been a member of the American Osteopathic Association, and the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics.
Areas Of Expertise
- Total Knee and Hip replacements, Knee Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Arthroscopy
- Total Joint Replacements, Lateral Approach Total Knee Replacement, Anterior Robotic Hip Replacement
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine Philadelphia, PA
- Broward General Medical Center Ft Lauderdale, FL
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Diplomate of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Member of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics (AOAO)
- Dr. Martinez's surgical skills, coupled with his compassionate approach to patient care, have resulted in superior outcomes with high patient satisfaction rates.
- Orlando Health Dr Phillips Hospital Orlando, FL
Affiliated Surgery Centers
- Advanced Surgery Center of Orlando, Orlando, FL